Community Service Officer
Salary: $ 37,166.40.
Open until filled
University Police Services is conducting a continuous recruitment for current and future openings for Community Service Officers (CSO). Positions may be assigned to any campus to include the College of Southern Nevada, Desert Research Institute, Nevada State College, and the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
Under direction of the Community Service Supervisor, this position will perform a variety of security related tasks for various NSHE campuses under University Police Services, Southern Command.
- CSO responsibilities will include but not be limited to providing security for State buildings and grounds;
- Providing protective services to buildings and occupants; enforcing applicable laws, rules, regulations and policies;
- Maintaining security of assigned buildings or facilities and surrounding property by conducting visual surveillance through camera monitors or direct observation;
- Monitoring State/NSHE property, displays and individuals entering and leaving buildings and take appropriate action according to department policy.
- Patrolling buildings and grounds, checking windows, locks, doors and security systems for damage or possible breach of security;
- Following established procedures and guidelines when security or safety violations occur and other general duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education and two years of experience in public contact work which included applying and implementing rules, regulations or established policies.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, all positions in this series have been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in these positions must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- Some positions required working on evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- A valid driver’s license is required at time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Some positions require certification in CPR at time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Some positions require first aid certification at time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.