Communications Officer – 911 Dispatcher
Salary: The monthly salary is $4,810.69 – $6,443.15 ($27.754- $37.172 per hour).
PenCom Communication Officers (or 911 Dispatchers) act as the first line of First Responders in emergency situations. They provide life-saving assistance to the community and ensure the safety of police and fire personnel. Communications Officer duties include answering 911 and other emergency telephone systems in a multi-jurisdictional dispatch center, and performing radio dispatch of operational and emergency police, fire and medical calls for assistance. This work involves a wide variety of computer transactions and records functions.
- Highschool Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Ability to provide detailed information
- Excellent critical thinking, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills
- Proficient computer skills, including a typing speed of 45WPM and experience with Windows
- Successful applicants must pass a public safety test, background investigation, polygraph and psychological exam, as well as a pre-employment drug screen and audio gram as part of the hiring process.