Class III Special Police Officer
The department is currently accepting resumes for the position of Class III Special Police Officer (SLEO 3) to help expand the SLEO 3 program within the Township schools.
- Must be a retired officer who has previously served as a duly qualified, full time law enforcement officer in any municipality, county, or agency of the state, bi-state, or federal agency, and must be living in New Jersey.
- Must be retired from that agency in good standing (necessary to have a letter of good standing issued by the agency from which the officer retired, listing the date and type of retirement. A copy of this letter will be provided to the NJ Police Training Commission.
- Must be less than 65 years of age for appointment.
- Must pass a psychological exam.
- Must pass a medical exam and have a doctor complete a Medical Certification Form (form PTC 8A).
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test pursuant to Attorney General’s Law Enforcement Drug Testing Policy.
- Must have an updated background investigation completed.