Chief of Police
Direct and manage district police department. Coordinate daily operations of department to provide safe environment for students and staff. Ensure enforcement of all federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Direct the daily operations of the district police department to ensure effective law enforcement.
- Coordinate enforcement activities with other department directors and campus principals and work cooperatively to develop and implement preventative security programs, gang management plans, and other safety programs.
- Investigate and make recommendations on all complaints and accusations made against district police officers or staff.
- Ensure enforcement of all laws and ordinances within the scope of board policy and the jurisdiction of district.
- Oversee investigation of criminal activities that occur within the district’s jurisdiction and support other agencies conducting investigations.
- Serve as district liaison to state and local law enforcement agencies and juvenile authorities and represent the district on assigned committees and task forces.
- Master Texas Peace Officer license issued by Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Clear and valid Texas driver’s license
- Knowledge of overall operations of a police department
- Knowledge of criminal investigations, police report writing, and criminal law
- Ability to manage budget and personnel
- Training and ability to subdue offenders, including use of firearms and handcuffs
- Bondable as required by Texas Education Code §37.081(h)
- Strong public relations, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- 5 years minimum law enforcement experience in supervisory or command capacity
- 10 years patrol experience
- School based law enforcement experience preferred