Certified Police Officer
Join the Trotwood Police Department and make a difference!
If you enjoy serving the public and making a difference in the lives of others, then this is the job for you! The City of Trotwood is a family-friendly workplace where every employee is valued and appreciated. The Trotwood Police Department is establishing an eligibility list for Police Officer positions.
If you are interested in applying you must meet the following minimum qualifications:
Scope of Selection Process
- Oral interview
- Background Investigation
- Voice Stress Analysis
- Physical & Psychological Exam
- Drug Screen
- Current Police Officer Certification by the Ohio Peace Officers Training Academy (OPOTA)
- US Citizen & at least 21 years old
- HS Graduate or GED
- Achieve a passing score of 70% on the standardized written examination
- Ability to maintain firearms qualifications
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License; good driving record
- Must meet insurability guidelines
- Eye sight correctable to 20/20
- Possess the physical ability to perform the tasks associated with the position
- Successful completion of all phases of the selection process
Applicants must take a Civil Service written exam that will be conducted onSaturday, April 15, 2023 from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM at the Trotwood Community and Cultural Arts Center – 4000 Lake Center Drive, Trotwood, OH 45426. Submitting an application will register you for the Civil Service Exam. Applicants must present a valid photo ID at check-in.
Additional credit will be allowed for U.S. military service. A copy of the DD214 Form MUST be submitted with your application.
For applications and job requirements, please visit: http://www.trotwood.org. Applications can be submitted on-line or at the Trotwood Government Center – Human Resources Department, 3035 Olive Road, Trotwood, OH 45426.
Deadline for applications: Friday, April 7, 2023, 5:00 pm.
The City of Trotwood is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.