Certified Police Officer
- Patrols the town and responds to calls for service.
- Enforces the laws of the State of South Carolina, municipal codes of the City of Belton and federal laws as they apply.
- Investigates crimes within the town to include, but not limited to, issuing citations, obtaining arrest warrants, obtaining search warrants, attending court and performing related law enforcement work as required.
- Class 1 certified through the SC Criminal Justice Academy and at least two years experience required. Prior military service preferred.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age with a high school diploma or GED equivalent. College education preferred.
- Must be able to successfully complete a background check, credit check, drug screening and possess a valid SC driver’s license.