Certified Police Officer
The City of Wilton Manors is a urban village with a small-town feel. Part of the greater Ft. Lauderdale metropolitan area, the City’s police department enjoys interacting with its residents and visitors and provides best in class community policing via a philosophy of service. The City currently has openings for in-state or out-of-state certified police officers.
$54,142.00 – $67,792.00 Annually
• Patrols assigned area on foot or by vehicle, responds to and assists emergency calls, answers citizen complaints and/or general inquiries.
• Enforces vehicle parking and operating laws, issues and explains citations for violations.
• Protects the lives and property of all citizens, responds to emergency calls, administers first aid to injured or afflicted persons, provides assistance to stranded motorists.
• Searches for and investigates wanted and missing persons and stolen property, investigates suspected illegal activity, prepares depositions, testifies and presents evidence in court.
• Searches for and apprehends offenders; escorts suspects, criminals, and prisoners to county jail and court hearings.
• Investigates crime scenes and accidents, administers breathalyzer tests, administers polygraph tests, searches for and preserves evidence.
• Directs traffic and assists pedestrians at intersections, escorts funerals and parades, assists with natural disaster preparedness and emergency response, directs evacuation traffic.
• Promotes crime prevention through public awareness efforts, solicits cooperation of citizens to report crime and illegal activity.
• Reviews and investigates public establishments for compliance with applicable laws governing alcohol consumption, traffic, and parking regulations, etc.
• Prepares various daily and periodic written reports and departmental forms, maintains logs, completes forms, prepares speed reports.
• Attends training sessions and seminars as directed, assists with the training of new officers.
• Performs related work as directed.
High School Diploma or GED, and Florida State Law Enforcement Certification (Preferred, but not required), Florida Certificate of Police Standards; Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver's License. Must meet all requirements as prescribed in the current Police Policy and Procedures Manual.