Certified Police Officer
Salary: $47,196.24 – $75,522.72 Annually.
The City of Wilmington is accepting applications for Police Officer. In addition to completing the City of Wilmington online application, candidates must also complete and attach supplemental documents to finalize the Police Officer Application Packet.
- Respond to citizen calls for service, provide a police presence in the community to encourage citizens to feel safe, conduct law enforcement activities and operations, and investigate crimes.
- This is accomplished by utilizing communications equipment, employing chemical and biological protective equipment, conducting police tactical movements, conducting security operations, conducting prisoner operations, conducting traffic operations, completing documentation, navigating streets, conducting investigations, and utilizing police equipment and weapons systems, assisting in special event planning, maintaining equipment, and removing dangerous or deadly animals.
- 20 years of age at the time of application.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- U. S. Citizen.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- North Carolina BLET certification or currently enrolled in a BLET program with the expectation of graduating within the next six months.
- Two years, full-time, out-of-state sworn law enforcement experience and have successfully completed a basic law enforcement training course accredited by the state from which you are transferring (cannot have a break in service exceeding three years).