Certified Police Officer
Open until filled
- Must be a U.S. citizen, at least 21 years of age,
- Have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record,
- A high school diploma or GED, and
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Motivation, enthusiasm, and a commitment to the community are a must,
- Candidates must have no criminal record revealing any conviction, under federal or state law, or any felony, or any conviction of any Class A or Class B misdemeanor, or of any crime in any other jurisdiction that would if committed in this state, constitute a Class A or Class B misdemeanor, or any act which would constitute perjury or false statements. All other criminal records will be evaluated during the background investigation.
- Connecticut Police Officers will be required to present a Connecticut State Certification Card and be in good standing with their department.