Certified Police Officer
Starting Salary: $64,309.35. Excellent benefits.
The Surfside Police Department provides law enforcement services to a diverse community with a population of approximately 5,800 residents.
The Police Department is a progressive, modern organization comprised of 31 sworn officers. Our officers provide the highest level of police service to the community we serve in a professional, courteous, ethical and judicious manner. Our civilian support staff provides an on-site communications center, property and evidence management and records management.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be a certified Florida police officer as required by FDLE and/or CJSTC guidelines (the Police Department will accept applications from individuals who are currently attending a State of Florida Certified Law Enforcement Basic Recruit Academy and are schedule to graduate within 90 days)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must have a good moral character
- Must not have any Felony convictions, nor disqualifying criminal histories
- Must successfully complete a thorough physical examination and drug screen
- Must successfully complete a polygraph examination and psychological evaluation
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background investigation
- Must successfully complete a Field Training Officer Program
- Must successfully complete a probationary period
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including midnight shifts and weekends
- A minimum of 2 years law enforcement experience (preferred)