Certified Police Officer
Salary: $66,901.31 – $13,847.67 Annually.
Closing Date: 12/31/2023
Under the general supervision of a Sergeant and in cooperation with the community, performs a variety of policing and law enforcement activities. Tasks are primarily service oriented and include patrol, investigative, and enforcement functions, to generally provide for the safety of the public, and to perform essential functions as required. Duties include an element of personal danger, exposure to adverse weather conditions, apprehending criminals, directing traffic, and transporting prisoners. Incumbents perform duties in accordance with Florida Statues and established departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines. The incumbent must be able to act without close supervision and must be able to exercise independent judgement. Work is reviewed through observation, conferences and review of written work product for results obtained and adherence to established policies and procedures. May be authorized to assume the duties of a Sergeant in their absence.
- Must Be A Current State of Florida Certified Police Officer.
- United States Citizen.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalency.
- Pass Basic Motor Skills Test (BMST) for physical agility.
- Pass Swim Test.
- Pass Oral Board Examination.
- Pass Polygraph Examination.
- Pass Psychological Screening (Law).
- Pass an extensive background investigation.
- Pass a Chief and/or Command Staff review.
- Pass an extensive medical evaluation.
- Pass drug detection by urinalysis test.
- Meet current State training requirements as necessary.
- Stable work history.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must possess ability to exercise discretion.
- Be of good moral character, have no felony convictions, and committed no incidents of violence.
- Not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement.
- Military discharge must be “Honorable”.
- Certified Police Officers previously employed by the City of Hollywood who successfully passed the Hollywood Police Department’s hiring process may have certain hiring requirements waived.