Campus Police Officer – Lateral Entry Only
Salary range: $73,278 – $98,572/year.
As a Campus Police Officer, you will have the responsibility for enforcing campus regulations and local, state, and federal laws. You will be required to obtain certification or complete a basic law enforcement course as approved by the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission. You will have arrest powers and will be required to be commissioned law officers under the regulation of the state.
- Accurately and completely prepare and distribute written reports of incidents, informational and criminal cases via computer based records management system.
- Investigate crimes\; locate and interview witnesses\; gather evidence\; present evidence and testify in court against persons accused of crimes.
- Investigate personal injury and medical problem complaints\; administer first aid.
- Community Oriented Policing.
- 3+ years of experience as a fully commissioned law enforcement officer.
- Be a fully commissioned law enforcement officer in WA state or have the ability to obtain a WA State Commission through the Washington State Equivalency Academy upon hire.
- Demonstrated ability developing positive working relationships with diverse community members, including young adults (18-24 years old), people of color, LGBTQ+ community, and others from marginalized groups.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Effective interpersonal and cross cultural communication skills.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Current Washington State Peace Officer Certification.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.