Campus Police Officer
Applications are being accepted for a Campus Police Officer (Part-time) at Northwest State Community College. The Campus Police are responsible for the overall safety and security of the campus. This includes campus patrolling and maintaining a high visibility presence in order to secure a safe environment for students, faculty, staff and guests of the college.
Hours will vary between 4:00pm and 10:00pm Monday through Thursday. Occasional weekend hours may be required to help cover special events/gatherings at the college.
- Provide a visual security presence on campus.
- Investigate reports of illegal activity on campus.
- Investigate any accidents and respond to any emergency.
- Write detailed incident reports on all incidents that occur.
- Issue college IDs to staff, faculty, and students of the college.
- Accompany students, employees and visitors to their cars when requested.
- Respond to all safety, security and fire alarms.
- Secure the campus buildings entrances and exits at the end of operating hours.
- Other similar duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or GED; Associate Degree in Criminal Justice and/or Law Enforcement is preferred.
- Possession of a State of Ohio operator’s license.
- Must be certified to carry a firearm.
- Must be certified as an Ohio Police Officer by the State of Ohio and maintain while employed.