Campus Police Officer
Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
- At the time of application: copy of Basic POST certificate
- At time of interview: valid driver’s license
- At the time of hire: valid CA driver’s license and availability of private vehicle at time of hire (mileage reimbursement provided).
- Advanced modern investigative and law enforcement procedures, techniques, and equipment.
- Applicable municipal and state codes.
- Court procedures.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Collect and analyze information and make independent judgments.
- Collect and preserve evidence, prepare cases for complaint, and represent the district in court.
- Write complete and concise reports.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Plan and organize work, and meet schedules and time lines.
- Read, interpret, apply, and explain laws, codes, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Any combination of training, experience, and/or education equivalent to completion of applicable criminal justice courses in an accredited college and one year of recent, full-time, paid law enforcement experience of acceptable level and quality.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid California Basic P.O.S.T. certificate or eligibility for California P.O.S.T. reinstatement.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
- United States citizenship.
- Prior to appointment, State law requires the successful passing of a thorough background check including polygraph, chemical substance and medical testing, and psychological testing.
- Must be qualified to render basic first aid and CPR.