Campus Police Officer
Salary: $20.62 Hourly.
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full-time position of Campus Police Officer. Edison State would consider both full-time and part-time applicants based on experience. The Campus Police Officer performs a variety of tasks that assure and enhance the safe working and educational environment for students, faculty, staff members and visitors to campus, as well as the safeguarding of the physical assets of Edison State Community College. The Campus Police Officer is required to work with minimal supervision and must have the ability to work with internal and external customers in an effective manner.
- Perform as a first responder to criminal incidents, emergencies, injuries, illnesses and vehicular accidents.
- Perform foot and vehicle patrols to monitor behavior.
- Inform and warn violators of infractions, such as but not limited to loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- Prepare routine reports.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as needed or assigned.
- Provide escort as requested or needed by faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform foot and vehicle patrols to secure buildings and property.
- Use campus keys to lock and unlock doors and to open and close buildings and classrooms.
- Patrol and monitor using surveillance cameras and observational skills.
- Investigate and report suspicious behavior.
- Examine doors, windows, and gates to ensure security.
- Monitor closed areas for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations.
- Screen individuals to prevent passage of prohibited persons or articles into restricted areas.
- Patrol buildings and property to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Investigate disturbances, maintain order and enforce regulations.
- Contact Emergency Responders such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Remain alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security violators.
- Patrol and monitor assigned parking areas to provide visibility and assistance.
- Issue parking violations as needed.
- Carry approved firearm and use force according to department policy.
- 2 years of prior experience as a Municipal, State, Federal, or Military Police Officer (MP or MA).
- Must possess and maintain Weapons Qualification.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
- High School graduate or GED, successful completion of an Ohio Police Academy, and the ability to be appointed as an Ohio Police Officer.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Ohio Revised Code.