Campus Police Officer
Open until filled
Wilkes University invites applicants for an ACT 120 certified Police Officer in the University Police Department. The position is responsible for providing police services for the Wilkes University community and for protecting Wilkes University property.
- The successful candidate is responsible for providing safety, security and law enforcement services to the University community.
- The individual is responsible for providing a wide range of services, including both traditional and non-traditional police services.
- Successful candidates will enforce University policies and procedures, local ordinances and state laws.
- The individual is a first responder to incidents, accidents, and other emergency situations and is responsible for conducting initial and follow-up investigations into significant and criminal incidents.
- Campus Police Officers are required to participate in crime prevention and community oriented public safety programming.
- This position requires a high school diploma or GED with either two years of police experience or any equivalent experience or training.
- Applicants must have successfully completed Act 120 training or its equivalent.
- Applicants must successfully pass a physical examination, psychological test, criminal history check, firearms qualification and background investigation required.
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience.