Campus Police Officer
This position is a 12 month, part-time, hourly position that reports to the Director of Campus Police and Emergency Management. This position serves as a sworn officer for the Office of Campus Police and oversees the safety and security of the Marion Campus.
• Preventing crime through high visibility and aggressive patrolling
• Maintaining building security, including locking and unlocking facilities
• Coordinate campus investigations, conduct interviews, and ensure appropriate follow-up
• Detain and arrest individuals suspected of criminal activity
• Preparing reports consistent with criminal acts, traffic accidents, traffic enforcement, or university policy violations
• Monitoring traffic violations on campus (moving and parking); issuing citations
• Responding to medical emergencies and coordination with EMS and University partners
• Operate the campus emergency dispatch center and address/route calls appropriately as needed
• Assist in the planning and organizing of security details for large campus events
• Greeting students, visitors, faculty, and staff, escorting them as necessary
• Conduct foot and mobile patrols of campus property
• Monitor campus surveillance system
• Provide safety and emergency response training to new and current employees
• Campus emergency notification and threats of danger
According to Indiana Wesleyan University’s employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
• Current employee for the Grant County Sheriff’s Department.
• 2 years’ experience as a sworn police officer.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
• Possess strong customer service skills.
• Problem solver who is able to perform tasks without direct supervision.
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.