Campus Police Law Enforcement Officer
Salary: $16.08 per hour.
Open until filled
- Enforce all College policies and procedures set forth by the John A. Logan College Board of Trustees.
- Enforce Illinois state laws.
- Monitor, secure and protect College properties and assets.
- Ensure safety of staff, faculty, students and public.
- Able to obtain and hold a valid Illinois Firearms Owner Identification card.
- Able to wear body armor.
- Successfully qualify with a duty weapon on a regular basis.
- Have the ability to write detailed coherent reports.
- Be outgoing, friendly, and able to engage a diverse population of people in conversation.
- Able to work a varied schedule.
- Be a self-starter.
- Have the ability to work unsupervised.
- Be able to take and follow orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Duties must be performed on John A. Logan campus or designated locations.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Certificate of Basic Law Enforcement Officer, issued or approved by Illinois Local Governmental Training Board and/or ability to pass their 40-hour refresher course.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Possess a valid Illinois Driver’s License.
- No felony or serious misdemeanor convictions.
- Passage of Basic Police Officer Training Program with certificate.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice.
- Prior local, state, or federal law enforcement employment with excellent references.