ATV & Marine Patrol Deputy – Seasonal/Limited Duration
SALARY: $24.28/hr- This is a non-benefited position with no hour guarantee
The ATV Deputy position is a sworn Deputy Sheriff. They are responsible for enforcing state ATV and traffic laws, safety, and promoting ATV safety education on trail systems within Umatilla County. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, patrolling trail systems within Umatilla County; conducting ATV safety examinations; and issuing warnings or citations for ATV violations. Incumbent will also conduct crash investigations, enforce DUII laws, and respond to ATV related complaints, calls, and questions.
The Marine Deputy position is a sworn Deputy Sheriff. They are responsible for patrolling all waterway areas within Umatilla County, enforcing state, county and federal laws; investigating crimes and citizen complaints as well as other matters relating to law enforcement and water safety in the county. The position participates in the achievement of departmental goals, with a strong emphasis towards community-oriented policing.
- Experience and Training
- Must possess an equivalent to graduation from high school, either a diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Minimum age of 21 years.
- United States Citizenship.
- Must have current DPSST certification (current or expired), or be a certified police officer (may be from a different jurisdiction)
- Must pass a physical examination, vision and hearing tests, a psychological examination, and an extensive background check.
- Ability to maintain firearms qualifications.
- Must be free of conviction for a crime other than a minor traffic violation.
- If the incumbent in this position does not possess a current marine certification by the Oregon
- State Marine Board (OSMB), the candidate will be required to attend and pass a mandatory two-week academy. Expenses to attend the academy will be covered by the Umatilla County Sheriff’s Office and OSMB. The time to attend will be considered paid training.
- Must be capable of safely operating an ATV.