Airport Police Officer
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Several full-time positions available with the Aviation Department, Airport Police Division located at KCI Airport, 1 International Square.
Salary Range: $13.48-$29.19/hour
Normal Work Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., during training then placed on schedule based on manpower needs.
Application Deadline Date: Open Until Filled
- Enforces all applicable laws, rules and regulations pertaining to safeguarding property and persons in attendance at the airport.
- Controls vehicular and pedestrian traffic at airport facilities.
- Responds to crash, fire and emergency situations and provides first aid.
- Screens passengers when weapons, explosives or hazardous materials are detected.
- Works with staff of other agencies, visiting dignitaries, large reception crowds, bomb threats and prevention of theft and vandalism.
- REQUIRES high school graduation.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license in accordance with City of KCMO policies.
- Must be able to obtain a Class A P.O.S.T. certification within 6 months of employment.
- Must be eligible to obtain a special police commission as issued by the KCMO Police Department.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, a post-offer physical examination, and a psychological evaluation as prescribed by the City.
- Must successfully complete a 10-year FAA background check.
- Preference will be given to those with Class A P.O.S.T. certification.