Airport Police Officer
Salary: $22.78 – $34.02 Hourly.
The incumbent performs a variety of law enforcement and security duties, relative to the protection of property, crime prevention and detection, public safety, traffic control, enforcement of the Airport Security Program, Airport Rules and Regulations.
- Performs vehicle and foot patrol of Airport property and terminal buildings, aircraft operation area, streets, roadways, parking lots, and various buildings located on airport property.
- Responds to calls for service.
- Controls traffic (both pedestrian and vehicular) and provides for the safety and welfare of the public.
- Executes security measures in areas deemed appropriate by the Airport Authority to provide for the safety of persons and property involved in air transportation.
- Performs detection and prevention of criminal activities and violations of the Airport Security Program in all areas of the Airport through use of surveillance/patrol techniques.
- Promotes understanding and cooperation, explaining applicable laws/regulations, creating a good rapport between the Airport Authority, Airport employees, and the public.
- Enforces traffic laws, vehicle codes, City Codes (Ordinances), Airport Security Rules and Regulations, and promoting vehicular and pedestrian safety.
- Prepares daily reports and reports related to law enforcement, Airport Security, and Airport regulations as required.
- Provides services related to law enforcement and aviation security to include arrests and court testimony.
- Investigates crime scenes/incidents when assigned.
- Protects evidence, takes witness testimony, and assists the department or public as appropriate.
- Operates computer systems designed to provide access to data relating to Airport security identification badges, lock and key control, T-hangar access controls, and employee parking.
- Maintains proficiency with weapons and utilizes weapons in accordance with use of force standards.
- High School Diploma or GED. (Proof of education must be uploaded with application).
- Must currently be certified as a Police Officer in the State of Florida.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Candidates who possess an out of state license, must obtain a Florida License within 10 days of employment.
- Must pass the required TSA security background investigation.
- Must attend a TSA Security Standards Class and successfully pass a test with a minimum score of 70.
- Must pass testing consisting of situational judgement and human relations, written report writing, and reading video based tests.
- Must pass PAT physical abilities test.