911 Emergency Dispatcher
Cumberland County government seeks candidates to fill multiple positions as 911 Emergency Dispatchers in it’s Windham, Maine communications center. Selected candidates will perform the essential role of assisting the public by taking both emergency and non‐emergency calls for service and dispatching information to the proper responding fire departments, emergency medical services or law enforcement agencies in Cumberland County.
- Hold a High School diploma or equivalent and a valid driver’s license;
- Possess computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office/Word;
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to remain calm and maintain control in stressful situations;
- Be, or have the ability to become, knowledgeable of county and town geographic layouts.
- Candidates must successfully complete the terminal operator control course and the CPR and Emergency Medical Dispatching Course within one year of employment. Selected candidates will be subject to a background investigation and polygraph exam. They must also successfully complete a Criticall exam.