Job Title Police Officer
Location Tampa, FL, US
Organization Name Police Department
Minimum Salary 44720 USD
Maximum Salary 69409 USD
The incumbent for this position will perform law enforcement duties for the protection of Aviation Authority property, facilities, personnel and the general public.
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Start practicing for your Law enforcement test here! These guides will help you pass the exam and outperform your competition.
Note: The following duties are illustrative
and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of
duties does not exclude them from the position if the work
is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the
position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility,
incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the
activities described below.
· Enforces all Aviation Authority regulations, federal, state and local laws.
· Enforces traffic laws by observing, issuing citations and warnings and apprehending violators on Aviation Authority premises.
· Responds to calls and investigates problems, disturbances, traffic accidents, crimes, emergencies and other incidents; provides assistance and prepares related reports.
· Performs foot and vehicle patrols in assigned areas on Aviation Authority property to detect and monitor possible criminal activity and interrogates suspicious persons.
· Apprehends and arrests suspected law violators to ensure public safety.
· Testifies in court to provide an accurate account of investigation reports and findings.
· Provides information and assistance to the public.
· Administers Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and first aid as required and maintains certification currency.
· Impounds abandoned or illegally parked vehicles, and vehicles used in the commission of crimes.
· Transports prisoners to detention or medical facilities.
· Maintains patrol car, weapons and other law enforcement equipment to insure operational readiness.
· Operates communications equipment.
· Completes written reports and required forms in accordance with standard operating procedures and directives.
· Prepares and preserves evidence in accordance with directives to maintain chain of custody.
· Performs other related duties as required.