Closing Date/Time: Sun. 11/26/17 11:59 PM Mountain Time
Salary: $20.40 – $30.00 Hourly
Job Type: Full Time
Number of Openings:10 or more
EEO Statement: The State of Utah is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Reasonable accommodations provided to known disabilities of individuals in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to complete the application process, contact the Dept. of Human Resource Mgmt. at 801-538-3025 or TTY 801-538-3696.
Are you ready for a challenging and rewarding career? Don’t miss your opportunity to join an elite team and become a Utah State Trooper. Each day is never the same, you will love coming to work!
- enforce rules and regulations
- provide law enforcement services including traffic control, accident and criminal investigation, court testimony
- coordinate and/or assistance in enforcement efforts
HE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 21 years of age or older
- high school diploma or equivalent
- US Citizen
- Job requires POST certification; Peace Officer Standards Training in Utah. If you are not currently POST Certified, the UHP will put you through the academy once you are hired.
- Selected applicants must be willing to provide authorization and information necessary for a full background investigation, including a polygraph. Click HEREfor a list of minimum qualifications.
ANTICIPATED OFFER/HIRE DATE IS UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME. This recruitment is being conducted to generate a roster of potential candidates. Offers will be made as vacancies occur and budget allows. Location of vacancies are unknown until offers are made.
- Physical Assessment Testing (PT) will be done at various locations throughout the state (Salt Lake, Ogden, Price, Vernal and St. George). The testing will take place between December 1 - 16, 2017. You will be contacted and additional information will be sent out via email at a later date. Please click HERE for the UHP PT Standards.
- If you are NOT currently POST Certified (attended the police academy) you MUST take and pass the National Police Officer Selection Test (NPOST). This test MUST be taken before December 30, 2017. You MUST pass this test with a 70% or above in every category and overall. For additional information about the POST test can be found HERE.
**All communication regarding this recruitment/testing process, will be sent out via email.**