Want to be a State Trooper?
Employment with the South Carolina Highway Patrol offers many fantastic opportunities and challenges. If you are looking for a rewarding, fast paced and exciting career, please read below to find out more about South Carolina’s largest law enforcement agency. All State Troopers undergo intensive training at the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy before beginning their law enforcement careers.
- At least 21 years of age before day one of Basic Training.
- You must have a valid South Carolina Driver's License or a valid Driver's License from your current State.
- US Citizen.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 20/20 vision OR no more than 20/100 corrected to 20/20.
- NO CRIMINAL RECORD.
- Driving Record should be clear of any suspension for the last 5 years as a result of alcoholic beverage or dangerous drug violation, or leaving the scene of an accident. The overall driving record will be evaluated placing emphasis on the severity, date and age, time span, and number of violations accumulated.
- Must be able to perform all of the essential and marginal job functions of a SCDPS Law Enforcement Officer.