State Police Trooper Rehire
Role Title: Law Enforcement Officer II – 69072
Open Until Filled: Yes
Hiring Range: To Be Determined
Position Number: 69072
Job Posting Number: 1007120
Type of Recruitment: General Public – G
Job Type Detail: Full-Time Salaried – Non-Faculty- FTS-1
Pay Band: <04
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM FORMER GRADUATES
OF THE VIRGINIA STATE POLICE TRAINING ACADEMY
The duties include but are not limited to: enforcing the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia; investigating criminal and traffic offenses; effecting arrests; communicating effectively both orally and in writing; testifying in court; safely operating a law enforcement vehicle; effectively interviewing individuals; performing lifesaving functions; safely and effectively utilizing firearms; performing effective searches of people and property; and reading and comprehending a variety of legal and administrative documents.
- Must have graduated from the Virginia State Police Training Academy.
- Must be of good character and reputation as established by an updated background investigation to include but not limited to: a polygraph examination, educational achievements, prior work experience, character and reputation, credit history and police record.
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be willing to relocate anywhere in the state based on Department needs (no restrictions on assignment to former home county or city).
- Must be willing to travel to Virginia at own expense to complete screening process.
- Must possess at least 20/20 binocular vision, corrected or uncorrected, and if uncorrected visual acuity is 20/100 or better binocular and 20/200 or better in worse eye.
- Must meet minimum requirements for color vision test with or without corrected lens(es).
- Must be capable of hearing normal frequencies of 500, 1000, 2000, and 3000 hertz at a pure tone level of 25 decibels or less and no greater than 45 decibels at 4000 and 6000 hertz when checked by the Audiometer Test.
- Weight must be in proportion to height See chart.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts and weekends.
- Must successfully pass all pre-employment testing.
- Must be in compliance with the department’s tattoo and body modification policies.
POLYGRAPH EXAMINATION, BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION,
FINGERPRINT-BASED CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECK,
PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING,
PHYSICAL & PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAMINATIONS REQUIRED.
SUBJECT TO RANDOM DRUG SCREENING.