Special Investigator – Medicaid Recipient Fraud
Under general supervision, the Special Investigator will investigate Medicaid Fraud complaints involving recipients. As a Special Investigator, the position will work in cooperation with SC Department of Health and Human Services, US Attorney, FBI, DHEC, DEA, and other law enforcement agencies.
$33,494.00 – $61,975.00 Annually
8/21/2020 5:00 PM Eastern
The Medicaid Recipient Fraud Unit of the South Carolina Attorney General’s Office actively investigates and prosecutes Medicaid beneficiaries suspected of fraud and abuse. Specifically, the Medicaid Recipient Fraud Unit tackles cases where Medicaid recipients are alleged to have done the following:
• Submitted a false application for Medicaid
• Provided false or misleading information about income, assets, family members, or resources
• Shared a Medicaid card with another individual
• Sold or bought a Medicaid card
• Diverted for resale prescription drugs, medical supplies, or other benefits
• Participated in doctor or pharmacy shopping
• Obtained Medicaid benefits that they were not entitled to through other fraudulent means
Minimum and Additional Requirements
A high school diploma and six years or more experience as a Law Enforcement Officer with investigative duties. Candidate must be a Class I Certified Law Enforcement Officer in South Carolina. Previous experience in Medicaid fraud or other fraud investigation preferred. Must provide writing sample with State Application.
Previous investigative experience in Medicaid Fraud or other fraud preferred. Must be able to present clear, concise written and oral reports. Travel required outside of normal business hours. Extensive knowledge of Criminal Justice system and excellent computer skills preferred.