Special Agent (Field)
Protects and safeguards company assets and resources including personnel, property and customer’s property entrusted to the company.
Anticipated Start Date: 11/01/2020
Salary Range: $66,600 – $81,400
• Conduct proficient, sensitive corporate and criminal investigations, provide accurate, detailed reports and provide court testimony when required.
• Identify and properly handle trespassers on Company property and make arrests as appropriate.
• Counsels and advises company officials to reduce crime and accidents and improve security; coordinates response to railroad emergencies; supervises contract security guards and trains other employees on relevant matters.
• Perform aggressive crime prevention patrol of facilities, railroad property and trains, with special emphasis on TOFC/COFC, automobiles, and high value shipments.
• High School diploma or GED
• Must have satisfactorily completed basic police training at a recognized state certified academy
• Must meet peace officer commissioning standards in state in which this job is posted and be commissioned as such and maintain a valid State Peace Office License in that state.
• Must meet BNSF Resource Protection Solutions Team standards as a Special Agent
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be willing and able to travel as required
• Must be able and willing to use the company’s computer system for creating reports and databases
• Must be physically and psychologically fit, able to successfully pass any required company evaluations and pass an extensive background investigation
• Must successfully complete any required company training for this position
• Must have broad knowledge of railroad industry and operations; particularly as it relates to handling emergency situations such as derailments, load securement, and like events
• Must have a broad knowledge of criminal law and procedures
• Must be able to successfully lead people, often in a stressful critical-event environment
• Must be able to meet any government or Company training and retention standards
• Must live or be willing to relocate within 50 miles of the assigned work location
• Eighteen months of successful experience as a full time peace officer with a city, county, state federal or railroad law enforcement agency required