The Intelligence Unit Special Agent works under the direction of the Intelligence Unit Supervisor and Manager. Special Agents in the Intelligence Unit are responsible for investigating complaints of illegal gambling to ensure compliance with the Arizona Tribal-State Gaming Compact, State, and Federal laws. Off Reservation complaints of Arizona Revised Statutes Title 13, may include gambling violations, racketeering, money laundering, and illegal criminal enterprises.
Closing Date: 5/14/2021
• Conduct criminal investigations of alleged violations of the Arizona Tribal-State Gaming Compact, State, and Federal laws.
Through proper case management and law enforcement procedures, Special Agents will document, gather, and preserve evidence for criminal and civil prosecution.
• Agents generally work in an undercover capacity and utilize surveillance techniques and surveillance equipment to document criminal activity.
• Agents work activities include conducting interviews of witnesses, confidential informants, utilizing physical and digital surveillance, preparing complex affidavits and search warrants, testifying in hearings, grand jury, and court proceedings.
• Agents will participate in the execution of search warrants, arrest warrants, and make arrests where appropriate. Special Agents will carry firearms pursuant to the ADG policy and are responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of the public, and the gaming tribes.
• Unrestricted current AZPOST Certification is REQUIRED or if not AZPOST Certified, able to obtain Certification within 6 months of hire date (AZPOST Waiver Process).
• The Department of Gaming will not sponsor any applicant in a police academy.
• Must have previous experience in police undercover work.
• Must have proficient interview and interrogation techniques, drafting and executing search warrants, drafting affidavits and testifying in various courts of law, criminal and administrative.
• Experience in event and/or fantasy sports wagering, a plus.