Sheriff’s Security Officer
This is a continuous filing exam. Next filing cut-offs are at 5:00 pm on:
08/01/2014, 02/06/2015, 08/07/2015
Under direction, enforces security; safeguards and protects County and/or contracted non-County property, buildings, and equipment.
- Basic law enforcement principles and techniques.
- Operation of communication equipment used in the course of the work, such as radios, telephone, pagers, and related systems.
- Rules, regulations, codes, and laws related to the work.
- Report writing methods and practices.
- Basic first aid.
- Maintain the security of building and grounds.
- Practice the correct procedures of patrolling and directing traffic.
- Administer basic first aid.
- Effectively interview.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other law enforcement agencies.
- Meet and deal with the public.
- Understand and apply various rules and regulations.
- Maintain self-control under stress.
- Demonstrate the correct use and care of firearms.
- Communicate using radio transmitting and receiving equipment.
- Use electronic security screening equipment.
- Prepare legible, correct, and accurate reports.