Sheriff’s Deputy II
$67,065.00 – $81,734.00 Annually
10/30/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
To perform advanced law enforcement, crime prevention, and court security activities; to perform a wide range of corrections activities associated with the care and custody of adult prisoners incarcerated in minimum to maximum security detention facilities: and to perform specialized tasks in any division of the Sheriff-Coroner’s Department.
- Patrol County areas to preserve law and order and to prevent and discover the commission of crime.
- Make criminal investigations, and locate and arrest wanted persons.
- Serve summonses, attachments and warrants.
- Issue traffic citations.
- Investigate accidents and coroner cases.
- Gather and preserve evidence.
- Work undercover and on stake-out assignments
- Organize and coordinate search and rescue efforts.
- Administer first aid.
- Fingerprint and photograph inmates and prisoners.
- Guard and escort prisoners to and from courts, state institutions and medical facilities.
- Interview suspects, victims and witnesses.
- Equivalent to graduation from high school.
- One (1) year experience as a full-time paid peace officer in law enforcement equivalent to that of Deputy Sheriff I in the County of Tulare.
License or Certificate:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain an appropriate, valid California driver’s license.
- Possession of First Aid and CPR Certificates.
- Possession of a Basic POST Certificate.