Sheriff’s Deputy – Airport Security
Parttime, 20 hours: Day or Night shift
Under contract with the Airport Authority, to provide armed security to the facilities, grounds, employees, and patrons of the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport in conformance with the Federal Aviation Agency (F.A.A.) and the Transportation Safety Administration (T.S.A.).
- Secure and open buildings and conduct security inspections of buildings and the perimeter grounds according to airport policies and procedures, F.A.A. and T.S.A. regulations, and procedures.
- Monitor security surveillance equipment; respond to access control alarm points and calls for assistance from T.S.A. or other airport personnel.
- Investigate criminal, suspicious, or other security-related activity reports.
- Arrest persons for criminal activity or active warrants, summoning backup assistance when necessary. Respond to resistance as necessary per policy.
- Prepare written reports, document investigation progress, and perform data entry of other security-related logs and reports. Testify in court.
- Load, maintain, and use lethal and non-lethal weapons
- Patrol curbside and other areas adjacent to the terminal; issue parking citations and enforce parking regulations.
- Operate emergency vehicles and vehicle equipment.
Education: Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (M.C.O.L.E.S.) certified or certifiable required. A bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or a related field is preferred, associate’s Degree or two years of military service in an equivalent field is acceptable. Candidate must be 21 yrs of age and possess a valid Michigan driver’s license.