Perform duties pertaining to the protection of lives and property, enforcement of criminal and traffic laws, prevention of crime, preservation of public peace, and the apprehension of criminals.
Rate of Pay: $47,964.80 – $59,404.80
- Patrol designated areas to prevent, deter, and suppress traffic violations and criminal activity.
- Enforce regulations and preserve public peace for Van Buren County residents.
- Investigate criminal and traffic offenses in accordance with the Michigan penal code and traffic statutes.
- Maintain contact with the Sheriff’s Office, acknowledge receipt of dispatches, and respond to emergency situations.
- Provide accurate information for the preparation of statistical reports and for the prosecution of offenders.
- Transport prisoners or mentally incapacitated persons to or from correctional facilities or government institutions.
- Accompany inmates to court for arraignments, sentencing, and motions
- Appear and/or testify in civil, criminal, and/or traffic litigation cases.
Qualifications and Experience -
Two (2) year associates degree, bachelors preferred.
GRADUATE OF THE MICHIGAN LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS TRAINING ACADEMY.
Previous experience as a law enforcement officer. Military experience preferred.
Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and state and local laws and ordinances.
Ability to use a firearm.
Knowledge of modern law enforcement practices and procedures.
Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, vehicle registration, and access to dependable transportation (satisfactory driving record required).