SHERIFF DEPUTY – JAIL/CORRECTIONS
Salary: $43,076.80 – $57,886.40 Annually
Closing: 10/17/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
SHERIFF DEPUTY (JAIL / CORRECTIONS) KOOTENAI COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
SUMMARY: Detention Deputy – No degree required; paid certification training, quality on the job training, and on-going career training; special teams; strong team atmosphere; advancement opportunities; beautiful place to live and work.
KOOTENAI COUNTY DETENTION DEPUTY- NOT JUST A JOB, A REWARDING CAREER!
Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Sunday, October 17, 2021.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND TESTING ON THE FOLLOWING DAYS:
- The written and physical agility tests will be held on Wednesday, October 20, 2021.
- Oral board interviews will be held on Thursday, October 21, 2021 all applicants with who pass both the written and physical agility tests.
NOW SOME INFORMATION ON THE POSITION:
The mission of the Jail is to hold safely and securely all prisoners lawfully committed to the custody of the Kootenai County Sheriff, and those delivered by competent authority to the jail. While in custody, prisoners shall be afforded all rights and privileges guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States and the State of Idaho.
- $21.21 – $28.33 per hour (includes the .50 shift differential)
- Extensive paid training, including the Idaho Peace Officer Standards and Training Academy (POST).
Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI), a pension plan with five year vesting, 12.28% employer contribution, and a lifetime payout upon retirement.
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $55.33 per month. Comprehensive benefits package.
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Click here to view the full job description.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Rewarding and meaningful work, providing a necessary service to your community
- Ongoing paid educational and training opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
- Special team’s opportunities: Detention Response Team, Range, Sonar Team and more.
- Beautiful area to live and work
- Annual increase in pay as outlined in Kootenai County Sworn Officer Matrix
DO YOU QUALIFY?
- Do you have at least a High School Diploma or GED? No college degree required.
- Do you have at least 24 months of work experience?
- Do you possess or have the ability to possess a driver’s license and be insurable?
- Are you at least 18 years old?
- Click here check out the complete list of qualifiers
WE WELCOME LATERAL DEPUTIES AND CORRECTIONS OFFICERS: Contact us for details.
In order to qualify as a Lateral Detention Deputy for the Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office, the following minimum requirements must be met:
- Must meet all of the minimum requirements as an entry level applicant and;
- Must have successfully completed a POST certified Basic Detention, Corrections or comparable Federal Academy and;
- Must have a minimum of twenty-four (24) months experience in a detention/corrections facility as a detention deputy/corrections officer.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR APPLYING: We are looking for individuals with the character to be completely truthful in their application materials. During every stage of the process, please list accurate information in your responses. Information that is omitted or minimized can disqualify you before we have the opportunity to meet you. If you have any questions regarding this job opportunity please do not hesitate to call, we look forward to speaking with you.
KCSO Recruiting Team
Marcia Heglie, Personnel Administrator (208) 446-1306
Bridget Gernns, (208) 446-1304
Human Resources (208) 446-1640
TO APPLY: All applicants must submit an application online and then successfully pass a written exam and physical agility test. A pre-employment drug test is required for all positions. Must also pass a stringent Sheriff’s Office background and selection process to include: Oral Board, Polygraph Examination, Medical Evaluation and a Psychological Evaluation.
EOE/Vets Preference/Drug Free Workplace