$60,668.73 – $84,708.11 Annually
As a Sheriff’s Deputy you will have the opportunity to expand your public safety experience through training, promotion, and opportunities for specialized law enforcement assignments. The Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office offers initiatives such as Criminal Information Sharing and Analysis, Violent Offender Task Force, Crime Scene Investigation, Criminal Investigation, Community Outreach and Employee Wellness.
If you are a critical thinker and have great adaptability skills, then this position may be a good fit for you.
In this position, you will:
- Maintain security and direct activities within the Adult Detention Division and Court Security Division.
- Assist in search and rescue operations and/or respond to public safety emergencies.
- Participate in investigations, make arrests, and enforce the criminal code.
- Enforce traffic laws including the applicable laws governing water and snowmobile safety.
- Transport prisoners and others in the care of the court.
- Maintain standards of order within Hennepin County’s courtrooms.
- Participate in both civil and warrant service.
- Write reports; testify in court.
Need to have:
- Licensure or eligible to be licensed as a peace officer by hire date in the state of Minnesota.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a Hennepin County driver’s permit.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including day, evening, overnight, on-call, holiday, and weekend hours.
- The ability and willingness to work in a position that may involve the possibility of physical confrontation.
- Possess no convictions of a felony or other criminal conviction as outlined in the MN POST Board rules.
- Pass each of the following exam components:
- Background investigation.
- Physical abilities test.
- Psychological evaluation.
- Medical examination.
- Drug screening.
- Firearms evaluation.
- The ability to follow the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office Appearance Policy.