Sheriff Corrections Deputy
Salary: $21.4404 Hourly ($44,596).
Performs general security work within the Jail; works under the direction of a sergeant; members of this classification are deputized for specific functions within the Jail only; must be willing to work weekends, holidays and irregular hours; performs related duties as required.
- Guards inmates in the Jail in accordance with established policies, regulations and procedures;
- Observes conduct and behavior of inmates to prevent disturbances and escapes;
- Inspects locks, window bars, grills, doors and gates for tampering;
- Searches inmates and cells for contraband;
- Guards and directs inmates during work assignments;
- Patrols assigned areas for evidence of forbidden activities, infraction of rules and unsatisfactory behavior of inmates;
- Processes inmates in and out of the jail through the booking area;
- Oversees visitation procedures and enforces visitation regulations;
- Distributes meals, bedding and supplies to inmates;
- Obtains medical aid for inmates if needed;
- Supervises and is responsible for the cleanliness of the Jail;
- Assists in maintaining Jail records.
- Graduate from high school or its equivalent.
- Must successfully complete written and physical agility tests.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and irregular hours.
- No felony convictions, or a misdemeanor.
- Training in CPR and first aid is preferred.
- Must have a valid Michigan driver’s license.