Open until filled
This position is with the Cibola County Sheriffs’ Office; under the direction of the Lieutenant, Undersheriff or Sheriff, performs work of ordinary difficulty and responsibility in the field or office in directing the work activities of Deputies. Incumbent may supervise members engaged in patrol, traffic regulations, crime investigation, identification, service of civil and criminal process, or the performance of other specialized or technical duties. Work is assigned through oral or written form from a Lieutenant, Undersheriff or Sheriff. Incumbent exercises considerable independent judgment and latitude of individual initiative in the interpretation of work procedures. Work is reviewed through oral and written reports, discussions, and personal observation for compliance and adherence to established procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED that is equivalent of the standards to the NM Public Education Department and is recognized by the said department as an accredited diploma or GED.
- Valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- NM Police Certification mandatory; 5 years Law Enforcement experience, 1st line supervisory preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass a mandatory physical exam, psychological exam, drug screen test, and written Sergeant Exam.
- Must have no felony convictions (past or present) or be under indictment at the time of application.
- Ability to work outdoors exposed to all-natural weather conditions.
- May not have any DWI or DUI within the last five years.
- The ability to comply with safety guidelines and policies of the County.