Security Support Assistant
Closing date: 12/10/2022 to 12/09/2023
Salary: $33,599 – $50,399 per year
This Security Support Assistant position is located at Salt Lake City International – SLC, Transportation Security Administration, Department of Homeland Security (DHS). As a Security Support Assistant, you will be engaged in activities to support Transportation Security Officers (TSOs) who provide passenger and baggage screening in aviation and other transportation modes. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provides assistance to superiors in the monitoring and flow of individuals through security check lane(s) to reduce wait times as much as possible, adjusts passenger traffic as necessary to ensure consistent and smooth flow of traffic.
Moves checked baggage to and from X-ray conveyer systems during screening process.
- Ensures security check points are properly supplied with an appropriate supply of bins and organized to ensure a smooth flow of passenger traffic for screening operations.
- Provides information and assistance to passengers divesting items into storage bins.
- Develops skills necessary to maintain situational awareness at all times in order to effectively apply appropriate response based on the situation.
- Completes logs, forms, and other paperwork applicable to assigned duties.
Takes appropriate steps to ensure all safety requirements are adhered to and suggests safety improvements as appropriate.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned, to include; visitor escort, supply requisition and stocking, telephone support and area cleaning.
Conditions of Employment
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must have reached the minimum age (18) at the time of application.
- You must complete a favorable Background Investigation (BI).
- Selective Service registration is required.
- Successful background investigation.
- Must be available to work various shifts and overtime, as needed.
- Must be proficient in English (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, comprehending). Exposure to potentially lethal devices and dangerous chemicals is inherent in this position.