School Resource Officer (Certified Police Officer)
Open until filled
We believe that all students can achieve at the highest levels and are committed to providing opportunities that will permit all students to do so. mASD principals will provide leadership and administration, which will motivate instructional and support personnel to strive for superior performance to provide the best possible opportunities for student growth and development, both educationally and personally. To accomplish this, we need inspiring leaders who:
- Are passionate about student achievement and closing the opportunity gap.
- Believe that the urgency of closing this gap is too great to accept excuses of any kind.
- Motivate and support their teachers and staff while holding all adults in the building accountable for ensuring student success.
- Conforms to all state laws and regulations regarding law enforcement.
- carrying out the duties of this office.
- Responsible for supervision of crowd control at all sporting events and extracurricular activities.
- Responsible for background checks of all intended employees.
- Responsible for checking affidavits of students living within the district.
- Responsible for checking affidavits of students living outside the district.
- Responsible for directing traffic flow around schools when needed.
- Develops and maintains an office friendly program in the School District.
- Attends all required meetings.
- Responsible for investigating any acts of theft, violence, or other acts that disrupts the operation.
- and decorum of the schools.
- Submits all reports as required by the Mississippi Achievement School District and the State of Mississippi.
- Keeps current any and all certification standards as required by the Mississippi Achievement School District and the State of Mississippi.
- Administers routine drug inspections throughout the school district with the district and local K-9 units.
- Administers drug education seminars throughout the district (at least one per month).
- Responsible for NCIC.
- Complete the 40-hour MDE school Resource officer training after being hired to work for the Mississippi Achievement School District.
- Mississippi Achievement School District and work to enhance the relationship between law enforcement and the Mississippi Achievement School District community.
- Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
- Supports the Mississippi Achievement School District Mission, Vision, and Strategic Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Good physical health.
- Good supervisory skills.
- Meet Mississippi State Law Certification and State Law Enforcement Criteria.
- Good organizational and communication skills (oral and written).
- Such other qualifications as may be set by the administration.