Recruit/Lateral Police Officer
Salary and Benefits:
Yearly starting salary for uncertified is $57,108. Yearly salary for certified Lateral is $59,000-$71,000 (Based on Experience).
Basic Duties of Patrol Officer:
• Follow written and oral instructions, write clear reports, establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, perform duties in emergency situations, and endure a moderate degree of physical exertion and exposure to diverse weather conditions.
• Patrol City streets, business, and residential areas; issue warnings or citations for violations; make security checks and check for suspicious persons or vehicles; respond to calls regarding crimes, violations, and incidents; collect information and prepare documentation of activities and take appropriate action.
• Arrest persons as necessary in the performance of various duties; transport suspects and prisoners; follow established procedures in all dealings with suspects and prisoners.
• Be a United States citizen, and at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
• Be a high school graduate or equivalent.
• Must reside within the city limits or urban growth boundaries of Boardman OR.
• Possess or be able to obtain valid Oregon Driver’s License and have a good driving record.
• Pass an extensive background investigation.
• Have basic computer literacy and keyboard skills.
• Have the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
• Be able to resolve situations by making appropriate decisions in highly stressful, rapidly evolving and violent situations; and respect diversity.
• Be able to perform the critical and essential tasks of a police officer
• College credits and or Degree are desired.
• Bilingual Spanish speaking Officer is desired.
• All requirements listed above.
• Possess a valid Oregon Basic Police Officer Certification from DPSST or equivalent within six months of hire