Public Services Officer
Salary: $32,614.40 – $48,921.60 Annually.
The purpose of this position is to perform non-law enforcement tasks in support of the police department.
- Maintains the readiness and appearance of the department’s fleet by shuttling vehicles to and from the city’s fleet maintenance facility and to and from the car wash. Keeps track of equipment taken out of vehicles prior to location change, ensures the equipment is properly stored and secured at the police department and returns the equipment to the appropriate vehicle prior the vehicle being put in service.
- Performs services such as, but limited to, daily house watches, crossing guard duties, delivery and pick up of interdepartmental mail and other documents, and escorting non-Criminal Justice Information Systems cleared personnel in and around the secured areas of the police department.
- Deploys and returns radar trailers, sky watch tower, mobile storefront, cargo trailer, and any other utility trailer as necessary.
- Performs minor building repairs and maintenance. Stocks and maintains soft drink machine, coffee, condiments, cups and utensils. Stocks towels in the locker rooms and transports used towels to the laundry area.
- Provides transportation during city events for personnel and equipment as directed.
- Performs errands as directed by supervisory staff.
- No experience is required.
- This position is classified as a safety-sensitive position and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing during the course of employment.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation to include a fingerprint based criminal history check for Criminal Justice Information System clearance.
- Must pass a polygraph, psychological, and pre-employment physical exam.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and ability to maintain while employed. NCIC/TCIC certified or ability to obtain within 3 months of employment.