Public Safety Dispatcher – Lateral – **$20,000 Recruitment Incentive**
Salary Range: $75,872.42 – $92,225.02/annually.
The City of Vacaville is looking for highly motivated, dependable individuals who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment to join the City of Vacaville’s Public Safety Communications Team as a Public Safety Dispatcher. This recruitment will create a list to be used to fill vacancies that may occur over the next 12-month period.
The Vacaville Police Department is dedicated to providing the best available law enforcement services to the community. The Communications Center is staffed by 1 Communications Manager, 4 Communications Supervisors and 19 Public Safety Dispatchers. The Vacaville Police Department provides safety and service to the community and prides itself on integrity, ethics, and respect for individual human dignity.
- Receiving and responding to routine and emergency calls.
- Referring callers to appropriate agencies.
- Providing general information to the public.
- Providing information.
- Assigning calls to Police and Fire units.
- Dispatching units expeditiously and as necessary.
- Successful completion of the California POST Dispatch Academy is required.
- Two (2) years of work experience performing a variety of increasingly responsible duties equivalent to that of Public Safety Dispatcher Academy Graduate.
- Eligibility for the POST Public Safety Dispatcher Basic Certificate and the Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) Certificate.