Property Crime Scene Technician
The Pflugerville Police Department is now hiring
$20.26 – $25.32 per hour
Final Filing Date
Open until filled
- Store and retrieve all property and evidence collected, seized, or kept by the police department assuring a continuous chain of custody.
- Maintain all records related to property and evidence.
- Maintain asset inventory for the police department.
- Manage the delivery of evidence to and from court, laboratories, prosecutor's offices and other locations.
- Maintain knowledge of the law and policies regarding the management, including the process for final disposition of evidence and property.
- Ensure that all audits and inventories are conducted as per policy.
- Ensure that all property is fully researched and disposed of as per statutes and policy.
- Write accurate and concise reports regarding the actions taken.
- Provide technical support and training, pertaining to evidence and property handling, for all divisions within the Police Department.
- Arrange for abandoned or forfeited property and evidence to go to auction.
- Testify as required in court regarding the retention and chain of custody of evidence.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Formal Education: Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, forensic or related field.
• Relatable Work Experience: N/A
• Training (Licenses(s) and/or Certification(s): N/A