POSTC Certified Police Officer
Salary $78,943 starting
– Certified Officers Only – In State or Out of State –
The application process for Certified Police Officers is open and will remain open while positions are available. You must be an in-state or out of state Certified Police Officer to apply through this posting. You must have a current certification and be in good standing in order to be considered. Over two years experience is preferred. If you have any questions about these requirements, contact us to inquire before applying.
If you are an entry level applicant, with no previous law enforcement experience, check policeapp for our entry level posting.
The mission of the Old Saybrook Department of Police Services provides superior traditional and non-traditional law enforcement services to the citizens and visitors of Old Saybrook. Members of the agency are required to provide these services with understanding and compassion, honesty and integrity, and the highest ethical and moral standards. If these are your attributes, we encourage you to apply.
You must also meet the following qualifications in order to be considered for a position with the Old Saybrook Department of Police Services:
- Age:Twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of the written test.
- Education:You must be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
- License:Applicants must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. A valid Connecticut Driver’s License will be required upon appointment.
- Residency:Candidates must be U.S. citizens.
- Physical Examination:You must meet departmental physical fitness standards at the 40th percentile level certified through CHIP, Inc. prior to the exam test date.
- Medical Training:You must able to become certified as an Emergency Medical Technician (E.M.T.) within one year of graduation from the academy or from your appointment to field training.
- Drug Testing:Candidates shall be required to submit to a drug test as part of the pre-employment medical examination.
- Character Requirement and other factors:Candidates must meet the highest legal and ethical standards. Honesty and integrity are paramount to our profession. No applicant will be accepted with any drug related conviction. Candidates will undergo a rigorous background investigation, including a polygraph, before any offer of employment. An applicant may be disqualified for poor employment history, recent use of illegal drugs, or previously undetected criminal activity.
- Certified Experience:You must have been a certified police officer for at least two years. You must be in good standing with your department or retired in good standing. If retired you must be within your certification time period.