Police Special Events Officer
The purpose of this classification, under general supervision of a Sergeant or other designated departmental official, is to perform a wide variety of non-sworn law enforcement activities. Tasks are primarily service oriented and include dispensing information, providing assistance through referrals, and other public safety services. Duties include an element of personal danger, exposure to adverse weather conditions, and directing traffic. Incumbents perform duties in accordance with Florida State Statutes and established departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines. The incumbents must be able to act without close supervision and must be able to exercise independent judgment. Incumbents may be assigned to a primary functional area, such as Special Services Division, Patrol Division, or Criminal Investigation Division.
Open Until: December 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST
Details: $12.00 per hour
- May be directed to make contact with both business operators and residents to establish open communications within the community.
- Provides information and/or assistance to the public by answering a wide range of non-police related service calls, informing citizens of available services in the community, and providing referrals to other city, county, and state agencies when applicable.
- Provides for the safe and convenient flow of traffic and pedestrians within the community, enforces traffic violations with proper training, promotes vehicular and pedestrian safety, and reports unsafe road conditions.
- Prepares written reports, forms, and other documents as required.
- Testifies in civil and criminal court proceedings and gives depositions.
- Functions in a primary functional area, such as Special Services Division, Patrol Division, or Criminal Investigation Division, when properly trained and so assigned, whereby incumbent maintains documentation and records concerning the assigned function.
Education, Training and Experience - High School diploma or GED, supplemented by additional training when assigned to a special services functional area, and a valid State of Florida Driver’s License.