Police Security Officer
REPORTS TO: Chief/Captain of Police Operations & Campus Principal
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR: 187 Days
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Security Officer is responsible for the maintenance of a safe and orderly school environment for students and staff, protect and secure all property, equipment, buildings, etc., located at the school campus, and enforcing School Board Policies and campus rules and regulations.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Patrol and supervise hallways, rest rooms, entrance ways, parking lots, driveways, and other areas of the school.
- Monitors campus surveillance cameras.
- Report rule violations and offenders to school administrators.
- Monitor campus pedestrians and vehicular traffic day or night.
- Work with Police Officer to keep the building clear of people not on official school business.
- Inspect all doors, windows, parked cars or any suspicious conditions.
- Stop disturbances and undue distractions on school grounds.
- Assist law enforcement officers and complete affidavits as necessary.
- Participate in training and orientation as required.
- Confer with Police Officers on matters of concern, and notify authorities of any situation requiring attention.
- Prepare written reports of incidents, keep current on school laws and policies which affect students and staff.
- Officer may be reassigned at anytime as needed by the Chief of Police.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself and/or to others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Assist in education of security personnel when the police officer is absent
- Flashlights, handcuffs, radios, district vehicles, uniforms