Police Recruit (Non-Certified)
Why work for the City of Anna?
The City of Anna is actively seeking applications for the position of Police Recruit. If you have a strong commitment to public service and aspire to make a positive impact on your community, this could be an excellent opportunity for you.
A police recruit does not have to be certified by TCOLE as a Texas Peace Officer. City of Anna will compensate the successful candidate while he/she attends a Texas Police Academy of the City’s choosing at the City’s expense. Here is a summary of the application process, qualifications, and disqualifiers for this position:
To be considered for the position of non-certified police officer, you must meet the following qualifications:
1. Age Requirement: You must be at least 21 years old at the time of application.
2. Education: Possess a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
3. Driver’s License: Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
4. Citizenship: Be a U.S. citizen or have legal authorization to work in the country.
5. Background Check: Successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation, which may include criminal history, employment history, and reference checks.
6. Polygraph and Psychological Evaluation: Successfully pass a polygraph and psychological examination.
7. Physical Fitness: Meet the minimum physical fitness requirements as determined by the City of Anna Police Department.