Police Recruit, Full-time (Entry Level Position)
Salary: $7,402 – $8,996 per month.
The Chino Police Department is seeking highly motivated individuals to join their team of well-trained professionals who are committed to providing quality service to those who live, visit and do business in Chino. The Chino Police Department operates with a high level of integrity, which serves as the foundation for all that they do. Click here to view our recruitment video.
Under direct supervision and tutorage of a tactical officer, develops an awareness of the functions, activities, and responsibilities of a Police Officer.
- Observe accurately and remember names, faces, numbers, incidents, and places.
- Use and care for firearms.
- Think and act quickly in emergencies, and judge situations and people accurately.
- Learn, understand, and interpret laws and regulations.
- Prepare accurate and grammatically correct written reports.
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Supplemental Police Science courses (preferred).
- This is an entry level position; no work experience is required.
- Receive satisfactory results from a background investigation, polygraph test (at the Department’s discretion, a second polygraph may be administered), psychological evaluation, a physical examination, which includes a drug screen, and an administrative review.
- Due to California State Law regarding firearms, you must be at least 21 years-of-age at the time of applying for this position.