Police personnel work with community members to analyze crime and other problems and attend/participate in community meetings to create an environment in which community members are motivated to assist in the implementation of problem solving strategies. New police officers will be assigned to the Patrol Services Division which provides around-the clock patrols to deter and detect crime, enforce traffic laws, and conduct investigations of crime and traffic incidents. Officers are assigned to a designated area on one of four overlapping watches to ensure continuous coverage of the City. Hours and days off will vary depending on shift assignment.
2021 Starting Pay: $5,442/month
Lateral Pay: $5,869 – $7,576 per month DOQ
Closing date : 07/31/2021
- APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: • At least 21 years old at time of application.
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 60 semester hours college-level credit at a Department of Education accredited institution is required for those with no previous qualifying experience.
- No felony conviction(s) or conviction(s) classified as de-certifying misdemeanors by Colorado POST.
- Physical ability to perform essential job functions.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Authorized to work in the United States. Education requirements may be waived for individuals who have qualifying experience as follows:
- Colorado POST certified full-time paid civilian corrections officer experience in a County Jail, Federal Prison or State Prison.
- Experience credits are given only for full years of qualifying experience.
- 2 yrs experience credit = 30 hours college credit
- 3 yrs experience credit = 45 hours college credit
- 4 yrs experience credit = 60 hours college credit
- Active Duty Military experience may substitute 15 credit hours for every full year of service. ACE credits will also be considered. Spanish/English bilingual skills are desirable. Supplemental pay of $25-$100/mo is available for non-probationary employees with bilingual skills demonstrated through testing.