Police Real Time Crime Specialist
The Police Real Time Crime Specialist’s principal role is to support law enforcement operations by monitoring multiple technology systems and providing real time information to field personnel, improving their safety, efficiency, and effectiveness when responding to calls for service. In addition, the incumbent will support investigations by reviewing available technology platforms for pertinent information and providing/communicating the information to investigators. The incumbent will monitor technology systems for criminal and/or suspicious behavior and direct responding resources when applicable.
$1,956.62 – $3,200.54 Biweekly
11/8/2021 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
• Becomes knowledgeable with Department software/hardware systems
• Observes criminal and suspicious activity and reports to public safety dispatchers and/or law enforcement
• Operates a public safety radio
• Monitors dispatched calls and provides support to responding personnel using CCTV video systems and other available technology resources
• Recognizes and anticipates developing situations and notifies the appropriate response entity
• Provides support to investigators, department and city officials, and others who request video footage of specific events
• Prioritizes tasks based on established criteria to meet Department goals and objectives.
• Monitors and operates multiple technology platforms and products simultaneously to support real-time police operations.
• Prepares reports and logs activities as required.
• Effectively communicates with team members, supervisors, and stakeholders in a timely and effective manner.
• Develops practices and tools and provides recommendations for improved operations of the work unit.
• Testifies in court as required
• Other duties as assigned by the Unit Commander or Chief of Police
• Law enforcement experience preferred.
• Familiarity with CCTV video management system software preferred.
• Experience with PC installation and repair preferred
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, coworkers, the press the general public and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of race, religion, age, sex, disability, political affiliation, gender identity or sexual orientation.
• Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of all city ethics and conflicts of interest policies. Strong understanding of ethical behavior is required.
• Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
• Performs related work as required
• Reports to work as directed during an emergency as an essential employee of the City of Miami Beach